Sometimes in the line of so many keys, few of them do the work of the limelight. There are certain keys which are used in almost every function. Similarly, if you notice, in the Mac, there is also a Command (cmd) key working with nearly all the keys. At times, this key puts up a lot of functions which are behind the scenes which we don’t comprehend. If you are not able to access its work properly, then you can contact Mac support anytime.
Given are the ways in which you can use the Mac key joining with others as well as knowing the actions:
- Mostly, either we drag the files from one folder to the other or copy-paste the items. So, to get the same function in the Mac, to copy the file, you can use the Cmd + C and for pasting it will be Cmd + option + V. Pasting will not be same as done in the other Windows.
Even to check, from the Edit menu, check the paste option which will denote Move Item Here, equal to cut-paste.
- Moreover, when we delete the item, after deleting the thing, it goes in the trash by default which again is a pain to clear. To get rid of such problem instantly, here are the ways:
- From the keyboard if you are deleting files, click Cmd + Option + Delete instead of Cmd + Delete.
- However, if you are deleting it from the File Menu, then click Delete Immediately rather than using Move to Trash option.
- To speed up the browser, it is requisite to delete the browsing history in Safari. Nevertheless, the idea of deleting the website preferences and cookies is bit annoying.
So, in that case, Safari allows you to delete the browsing history. From the option of History, in the drop down menu, there will be an option of Clear History and Keep Website Data. It is an easy solution to solve the difficulty. Even if you don’t come to know, contact apple Mac support for further assistance.
- Also, if you want to paste the location of the file in another program, then in the Finder, search that file. In its context menu, there will be an option of Copy “filename” as Pathname in spite of Copy “filename” option.
- If the user is disturbed and distracted from the notifications, then you can activate Do Not Disturb. In the Notification Center, by scrolling up, then slide the Do Not Disturb to the right.
- To augment the volume or the screen brightness, a simple way is to select Shift + Option with the specially assigned keys of them. Through this, you can manage them easily.
As a result, there are a number of ways to use this key for your actions. If still you are unable to perform, then there is nothing to worry as Mac customer support is a suitable choice. We are always around you to handle your complexities. Now, just read them and see all are easy ways to work.